While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said……So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off. Acts 13:2-3
Posting this invitation by Rock Tribe in Colorado as we will join them, sharing the same passion and longing for this coming year:
The Rock Tribe, an international family of churches, invites you to join us in a 21-day Daniel Fast from January 5-25, 2015. We have experienced remarkable grace from God as we start each year seeking God’s face in order to live for His glory. We will devote these 21 days of prayer & fasting to unleash three kingdom realities within each person, local church, and city:
1. revival – a Holy Spirit empowered love for God that results in total obedience to Christ,
2. restoration – recovering Christ’s kingly rule in all our relationships, especially natural and spiritual family,
3. transformation – the tangible changes that occur in culture, neighborhoods, cities, and nations in all spheres of life like: marriage & family, marketplace, media, education, arts, social, civil, etc.
A Daniel Fast is a vegetarian diet including all kinds of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and beans & lentils.
- Vegetables: all types of fresh, dried, canned, frozen or juiced… even a veggie burger!
- Fruits: all types of fresh, canned, frozen, juiced, or dried.
- Nuts and Seeds: all types: cashews, sesame, sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc… even peanut butter!
- Oils: grape seed, sesame, peanut, olive, or canola seed oils
- Whole Grains: all types, including brown rice, millet, whole wheat, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, rice cakes, popcorn, oats, whole wheat tortillas, barley, and grits
- Beans & Lentils
Foods and Drinks We Avoid During a Daniel Fast:
- All forms of alcohol
- Caffeinated Drinks, Soda Pop
- Sugars, sweets
- Refined flour
These links will provide practical help in this year’s Daniel Fast:
Please join us as we with our (extended) family will seek the Lord for the coming 21 days on behalf of the things to come here in our nation Sweden! Report your impressions, share the words you receive and persist in this process!
For information and updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or go the website of Rock Tribe: http://rocktribe.com